Move for Health – Get Started!
Move for Health Day” is observed all over the world on May 10 each year. In Aker Care we mark the day in week 22, focusing on everyday activity. Our goal with this campaign is to help you get at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day.
The health benefits of physical activity are many, and there is not much you have to do to achieve them. Physical activity includes all types of movement that you perform, both in terms of planned exercise and everyday activity. If you include a few minutes of activity that makes you breathe faster and sweat, your health gains and fitness will increase as well. Regular activity prevents many health problems in addition to create well-being. Fortunately, it is never too late to start!
Take a test: Who is the oldest – you or your body?
In order to hone in on the health benefits of physical activity, the Norwegian Directorate of Health recommends at least 30 minutes of activity each day. These are the recommendations from the activity campaign “Dine30”.
Activity tips for Dine30:
- Take the stairs! Set a goal of not using the elevator for a week
- Take a walk, ride a bike, or get off the bus a bit earlier than you have to
- Explore the area where you live. Bring your family or friends!
- Bring a friend who needs physical activity more than you do
- Do the housework accompanied by fast music
- Download an app to monitor your activity level
- Walk to the store, bring a back-pack and get free strength training on your way home.
- Make an appointment for an evening walk with your family, neighbor or the dog
- Participate in weekly exercise classes at your Aker location. You will have motivational instructors and expert trainers.
Join “Move for Health Day” by being active yourself and recruiting a colleague to an activity this week! You can challenge a colleague by providing an activity gift card. Download the gift card here.
Hashtag your photos with #dine30akercare