Health@home – Day 1
Due to national measures to control the spread of the corona virus, many people spend most of their time at home. This is a challenge both for the work- and the family situation. Each day this week we will give you tips and advise on how to handle this difficult situation, DAY 1:
Topic 1: Mental Health: Aker Care psychologist Jan-Marin Berge gives you advise on how to stay mentally healty in five simple steps:
Want to learn more staying mentally healthy? Please see this short article with easy and useful advise.
Topic 2: Ergonomics/Physical activity
Working from home can be challenging with regards to ergonomics. The ergonomic principles will nevertheless be the same for both office and home-office in terms of how to prevent muscle- and skeletal problems. Aker Care – Health@home – gives you short and effective exercises every day designed to prevent muscle and skeletal disorders.
Excercise No 1: (in Norwegian only, but easy to follow)
Topic 3: Infection prevention
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and lukewarm water, particularly after coughing or sneezing, after using the toilet, before preparing food, before meals, after contact with animals and if your hands are visibly dirty. Wash your hands after coming home when you have been in contact with other people.
- Hand disinfection products are effective against the coronavirus are a good alternative if hand washing is unavailable. If your hands are visibly dirty or wet, hand disinfection has a limited effect so hands should be cleaned with soap and water
- See link to a video from The Norwegian Health Authorities explaining correct washing of hands: https://vimeo.com/165163727 (In Norwegian)
- Avoid coughing or sneezing directly onto others.
- Try to cough / sneeze into a paper tissue (disposed carefully afterwards), or into the crook of the elbow if you do not have tissues to hand.
Laundry and cleaning
- In households without confirmed cases, cleaning can be carried out as normal. Ordinary cleaning products can be used.
- In households with confirmed cases and home isolation, see our article about:
Advice to patients in home isolation